Friday, November 13, 2009

Crepe Cake






One of my genius daughters recently posted an applesauce filled crepe cake on her blog. I was so intrigued with this idea that I had to try it too. I made a few changes to the recipe. I sliced some ginger gold apples and fried them along with lots of finely chopped walnuts in butter and maple syrup until soft. I then made a very thick maple syrup/butter mixture by boiling the two until it was like a soft taffy. I layered the cooked crepes alternating with apple mixture and syrup mixture. Finally I topped each serving with honey flavored Greek Yogurt. I think caramel sauce would be just as delicious as the maple/taffy sauce and a lot easier. Just buy Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel Sauce in the ice cream toppings section of your grocery store.

4 comments:

  1. By the way, fantastic graphics on your blog. I noticed it right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please adopt me, or come to my house and cook!
    Ditto to the fantastic graphics as well as the narratives--I want to swoon, then drool!

    ReplyDelete